Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Recce




1.    Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place (trailing cables/traffic/other objects )?
My photo shoot is taking place in my house, with the photographers mobile studio, a potential risk that this could cause is because it's not a professional studio with not loads of room the trailing cables could potentially become a problem, as there will be a lot in limited space. Also getting the model and photographer to my house could become a problem, as the time the shoot is at 5, which is a busy period for traffic.
2.    What will you do to ensure these risks are minimized?
I'll ensure these risks are minimized by making sure the area is tidy and make sure I have the model arrive before the photographer so there's no waiting around, and make sure all family members that live in the house know not to interrupt and to keep the area tidy as there's a shoot in the living room.
3.    Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of the photos? Have you allowed for this?
This wont affect my photos as it's an indoor shoot.
4.    Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you will get the background you want?
The background to my photos is going to be white, like many pop magazine photo shoots are very colourful, to get the background I want I have briefed the photographer as to how I would like it
5.    Do you need permission to take photos in the place/venue you have in mind?
I have asked permission to use a my living room for the shoot from my parents, which is also free to use.
6.    Do you need to book time in a room (eg the photography studio at Shiney)?
No, but I had to book the photographer and ask him via Facebook where and when would be best for him. 
7.    Are other people/crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure that it will not spoil the effect?
This could be an issue as the shoot is taking place in my house, and members of my family could walk in and ruin it. To ensure this doesn't happen I have prewarned them when the shoot is and not to interrupt during the shoot. 
8.    Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends’ equipment/models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? Plan B?
The things I need to come together is the photographer and my model I have told them both the same things about the shoot, and the model is coming half an hour earlier to ensure she's there for the photographer getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment