Thursday 14 November 2013

Draft Article

Draft magazine article - This is my draft article for my double page spread, I will most likely make amendments on this but this is just to get an idea on it.





MBS Magazine have had the fantastic opportunity to interview YouTube sensation, Kate Marrs on her new music video shoot for the hit single ‘who knows’!

Hiya Kate! Thanks for giving up some of your time to talk to us today, for our readers could you tell us a little about yourself?
It’s really my pleasure! Well, I’m “    “, 17 years young and just a girl with a passion for singing really! I started my YouTube channel around 2 years ago and I

Your first steps came from posting covers on YouTube from famous songs. Did you ever expect it to come up with millions of views on its way?
Not at all! If you see the quality of the covers I uploaded, I really had no idea it was going to get as many views as it did... I just hoped for the best really and got a lot more.

We get a sense of inspiration from the types of covers you done, which singers and bands would you say inspire you the most?
My main influences are kind of Demi Lavato, Taylor Swift, Little Mix, YouTube artists like Boyce Avenue and others, but I do all kinds of covers and make them my own really.

What’s the transition like going from just covering songs for YouTube in your bedroom, to getting noticed worldwide and releasing a new single and it being in the top charts like?
It’s been unbelievable so far, I still can’t believe it’s happening! I’ve been incredibly lucky and

What advice would you give to any of our readers that are thinking of starting a channel on YouTube?
The best thing you can do is not care what other people think, don’t take notice of any haters on the internet and focus on what you want to do, do what makes you happy!

How long did it take you to become a “famous” YouTuber?
I’m for sure not famous, there are a lot of more popular YouTubers out there, I just got a good opportunity when my record deal found my videos, but it took just over two years to get where my channel is right now

What’s the best thing about being a “Popular YouTuber”?
I’ll let you know when I am! But the increasing views means I get to connect with people around the world, and it’s nice for my work to get seen.

Thanks a lot for answering our questions and we wish you the best for the future. Just to finish with what would you like to say to your fans?
My pleasure! Thank you so much for having us today! I’d just like to thank everyone who supports me, it really means the world!



((A fact file on the side))
Real Name: Kate Marrs
Age: 17
Birthday: August 10th
Fanmail Address: katemarrsfans@live.com
Favourite Books: Harry Potter or the perks of being a wallflower!
Favourite food: Mcdonalds or Nandos
Single/Taken: It’s a mystery!
Webside: http://www.youtube.com//coversbykate





No comments:

Post a Comment